Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Happy Birthday Boy

Happy belated 2nd birthday to our dear J'sie!

J started the birthday right with a candle-lit donut and birthday song.
We love you, sweet J!

He had a wonderful birthday on Thursday, made even more special by the presence of BOTH sets of grandparents. Gramz and Pappy flew in from FL on Wed. and the whole crew celebrated at Red Robin Thursday evening... J opened gifts at the restaurant (much to his brothers' anticipation--isn't it great when you get new toys thanks to your bro?!) and was very brave to endure the Red Robin singing and a visit by "Red" the red robin. We were shocked when he waved at the bird and gave him a high-five, but he soon had a tearful meltdown out of fear. Afterward, we noticed his vigilance scanning the room to make sure the bird was nowhere near. Poor fella! We finished at home with a brownie birthday cake and more singing. Such fun...
My sister, Aunt J, arrived later that night to meet baby MG for the first time. Since then we've been reveling in time together... I've been reminded how much I love having my mom, dad, and sister here--so good for my soul. I really could talk to them for hours. :)

To top it all off, I did my first postpartum workout today and... it was wonderful! I did the elliptical for 30 and treadmill for 10. I will say, running after some months off is not a pretty sight. We have a ways to go, for sure, but we'll get there! I'm just glad to be "back". Thank you, Lord, for legs to walk, lungs to breathe, and a heart to keep everything running. Always grateful.

And thank you today, Lord, for our sweet 2-year-old, who delights us! J, I love your smile. I love that you're a "yes" man and so agreeable. I love your "huh" to answer "yes". I love that you love your sleep. I love that you're an adventurous eater, willing to try anything. I love that you look up to your brothers. I love that you stand up for yourself. I love that at the root of it all, you are a lover of life and the people around you. We cherish you!!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Happy Birthday, J!!!

Teacher-Mom said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy J! I can't believe you are 2 already! Love the comments you wrote about your little man B-mama. Isn't it so fun to reflect on all the beautiful qualities of our kiddos. I know I need to stop and take time to do that more often. Enjoy your time with the fam!

orahoods said...

WOW! I can't believe he's two already. I started following your blog just before he was born...so crazy:) I understand your comments on your family being good for your soul, so the truth:) Thank goodness for family and for sweet little boys turning two! Happy Birthday J!

Carolina Girl said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby J! You sound like such a cool guy!

Good for you B-mama for getting in a workout! You are amazing!

Right Said Red said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO J!!! He is such a sweetie. Poor guy fearing that bird. I'd be scared too! Tell the family I said hello. I miss them all!

prernatutors said...

happy birthday.you are so sweet.

Christy said...

Oh I'm late getting here! Happy Birthday J!!!! Wow the past two years have gone by so fast!

Great job on your post-baby workout! You'll be running circles around me in no time! Maybe now I'll be able to run YOUR pace! HAHAHAHA

Take it easy, sweetheart!!!

Oh! And glad you had a great visit with your family. I know it's hard to have them be so far away!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers