Friday, April 16, 2010

MG's Nursery: Part I

I am being kept honest this week by my dear friend, Catherine, who wrote me mid-week to urge me to post the nursery pics. These days I move at the speed of a tortoise, so had it not been for her, who knows when I would have gotten these up! Thanks Catherine!

I begin by saying, this room is a total work in progress. In fact, the only thing we have yet to complete is the bed! Plenty left to go... It also doesn't help that MG's room is serving as temporary storage for some of the extra attic items while we have work going on. You'll see some extra items in the last shot.

We were given this beautiful plaque with angels and babies now serving as the inspiration for the room colors! Thanks Susie and Skitch! :) It has all pale pastels, which help coordinate the pale yellow wall color (we decided to keep it as is--no need to come and paint pink, Lauren G!) and pale pink and green bedding.
The bedding is a pale pink and green "Shabby Chic" design from Target. The minute I saw it, I loved it and knew it would be my choice over some more expensive options at Pottery Ba.rn Kids.
The rose blossoms are so sweet and feminine...
Not to mention the sweet embroidery detail on the pale green bedskirt! I'm just loving the girly details.
And here's a silly boy, posing with the baby matelasse pink quilt. He's sitting on top of two cream bears who sport yellow and pink ribbons.
And finally, here is a general pic of the very uncoordinated room. We are definitely in search of wall hangings and valences/curtains that will go with the color palette. I originally had pale pink balloon shades that GG thought were too plain and I thought too BIG for the small space. Valences with a simple pattern might do the trick. Any suggestions?
So there's installment #1 on the sweet girl nursery. There will definitely be more to come...
Have a blessed Friday!

5 comments:

CSR said...

So pretty! Lovely roses for your little Rose from Heaven. How perfect!

E-Mommy said...

Bethany~ I stop by and check your blog from time to time. Congrats on your baby girl. Our daughters room is done in the "big girl" version. We loved it. So precious and sweet. Blessings to your crew.
Elizabeth (Lundrigan) Wilkerson

Queen B said...

Gorgeous, B-mama! We have the same plaque at our house--so cool! Can't wait to meet MG. She is so blessed.

Christy said...

So sweet! Love it!

orahoods said...

I love the green and pink...so adorable:) Enjoy the rest of the decorating!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers