Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heavenly Disorder

There has been a temptation this week to feel a bit nuts and out-of-order, kind of like a chicken with my head cut off. lol. But I'm doing everything in my earthly power to offer it up, let it go, and laugh about it...
Easier said than done.
You see, I like order a little too much. I like things in their places.
I like clean countertops. I like clear floors. I hate clutter.

Yet I also like little boys. :) (Incidentally, boy = antithesis of all things mentioned above!)

And that's where faith steps in and reminds me that smiles and hugs are worth far more than an orderly home in the day-to-day. God taps me on the shoulder and shows me that a sink full of dishes and basket full of laundry are worth every ounce of happy and healthy children. And that's a good thing to realize on this Wednesday, middle-of-the-week-almost-to-the-weekend day. Whew!

In an attempt to keep this blog in order (can't I be OCD about just this one thing? :), here are a bunch of photos from the past days that I haven't had a moment's time to update! Enjoy!

Oktoberfest Fun last Friday night!
Mom and Dad doing the chicken dance--we're so cool! :)
M's second soccer clinic--didn't go as well as the first, but that's a whole other story!  We're hoping week #3 will be happier and more fun...
We finished off Saturday at a pub watching the Irish play!  It was great to meet some other area fans through the local Notre Dame Association...
T, getting creative with boxes and Mom's shoes.
Brotherly love, as always
Adorable J smiles!  We are having such fun seeing these...
Finally, a shot taken by M--I thought it was cute bc J was smiling too!
God bless!

4 comments:

T. Armstrong said...

Children = Clutter

Just complained about it last night to T...our clutter consists of dress-up clothes stashed in weird spots, regular clothes left where dress-up clothes were, and now that Bean started preschool...paper clutter!

I am known to throw things away on impulse, and can sometimes regret it later! :)

You aren't alone in the annoying clutter of the home...but good thoughts on how hugs and love are so much better! :)

Anonymous said...

OH M

Just enjoying the day to day glimpses of all of you. Keep those photos coming...between cleaning and laundry chores, of course!!

Shannon said...

ummmm B, how are you looking so good after just having a baby!!! my my!! loving the hair too! go you!

Carolina Girl said...

I hear ya! I like it when things are clutter free! I only have one baby, so I can imagine how tough it will be with more children (i almost said "with 3", but I don't think we're going there...haha!)
Miss you my dear friend! Talk soon?!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers