Friday, August 1, 2008

Just Nesting

I'm sorry if I've kept you all on the edge of your seats today, thinking I possibly hadn't posted due to labor.  So sorry to disappoint!  We have had a busy day enjoying our daddy and reveling in his freedom... so much so that I'm just having a moment to report in.  Plenty of Braxton Hicks contractions of which to note, but nothing more.  Baby J will make his appearance when he's ready, no worries. :)

Nesting is in full swing as GG has brought renewed energy to the household (how he has anything left after the tiresome Bar is beyond me?!  Maybe it was that massage we treated him to this morning?! :)  The 3 boys and I hit Babies 'R Us today for a great sale to return with a glider/rocker we'd been eyeing for the boys' room, 25% off.  The kids were in dire need of a reading chair and nook...  Mission accomplished.  We also added another small bookcase to the room to provide additional book storage.  Magnifico!!  Now all I have to do is order our curtain holdbacks--maybe something like these or these and make fun accent pillows for the chair.  Oh and we need to add items to the walls as well--any suggestions?  All in due time.  We definitely won't get these things done before the baby comes, so all will be on our eternal list of "to do's".  Here are some shots of the new chair and set-up, empty and in-use!  

While the boys read for bedtime, I accomplished the pack 'n play bassinet set-up in our bedroom.  Baby J will sleep on our turf for the first month, right near his mama for easy access.  This has worked out well in the past for the first two boys, so we are hopeful for continued success.  I'm just praying he's a good sleeper!  Come on, Baby J!!
Finally, here are some shots of the boys during their reunion yesterday with GG.  What fun! Smiles were all around... so sweet!


And other than that, we're just here waiting... and trying not to think about it! ;)
God bless you for a WONDERFUL weekend!

5 comments:

Krissy said...

I'll admit I had wondered if perhaps you were at the hospital. Every time you post pics I fall more in love with your backyard. Looks like such a nice retreat. The boys are such great little artists I think you should put some of their work up in the room! Praying for a healthy baby J when he's ready...

Elena said...

For something on the wall, I like Wallies. They have some cute starts that are in ths shades of blue that you have inthe boys room. They also glow in the dark. Very easy to put up, and have easy removal. YOu can find them at michaels.

Kerry said...

Great pics! What a blessing to have GG home and spend time with him before Baby J comes but most importantly he is home and will be there with you when he makes his arrival without worrying about the bar!

Carolina Girl said...

I also like the planes. And as usual, I'm stunned at your energy level!! You and GG set such a good example for the rest of us. We are blessed to have you in our lives! Thank you on many fronts!!!!
Prayers for a healthy Mama and Baby J!!!!!!!

Erin said...

Bethany, we are praying for you this week! I love the updates about you nesting! I did some major nesting, including the last minute trip to Babies R us the night before Sean baby came. Seems like you are doing GREAT, hang in there, the reward is right around the corner! We'll be waiting for updates :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers