Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Laryn Girl

Did you know?

*Clearing your throat does more harm than good, because it causes an abnormal vibration of your vocal cords and can increase swelling. Clearing your throat also causes your throat to secrete more mucus and feel more irritated, making you want to clear your throat again.

*Someone suffering from Laryngitis should avoid whispering. This puts even more strain on your voice than normal speech does. (Great! Anyone want to teach me and the boys sign language?)

*Prevention tip: Avoid talking or singing too loudly or for too long.
(Anyone who knows B-mama, knows this is a real problem. I am beyond chatty... and LOVE to sing in the car with the boys! Just the other day, M asked me not to sing so loudly as we were driving! lol. Can you blame me--Power of Two was playing by The Indigo Girls?)
Source: www.mayoclinic.com

I am on Day #3 of forced silence and it's killing me.  
Alright, that might be a bit dramatic, but I have to say this is really a challenge for an outgoing mama like me!  Help!  I guess that list of phone calls to make gets pushed back another day... Oh well!  

Cheers to my silent "retreat"--if only the rest of the world could get on board, I wouldn't feel so alone.  :)  God bless you today.  Please offer up prayers of thanksgiving for your voices for me!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

prayers for a healed voice soon!
I love the Indigo Girls!!

katy said...

Prayers for a voice soon!! I can imagine you singing... i remember rides to swim practice and you singing Let's Hear it for the Boy... I think you started my 80s music love :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers