Friday, July 19, 2013

Boys' Day Out

Among the adventures our family has been having lately, the boys were able to head to the Marine Corps Museum today with our wonderful Mimi and Papa.  What fun!  The girls and I had a peaceful afternoon at home and are here waiting to see our little boy loves and hear about their adventures.  It is such a gift for them to be able to get out and be free of napping sisters... all while spending time with two pretty awesome grandparents!  Thank you, Mimi and Papa!
Outings are that much more fun when good food is involved
Cutie pies

This one makes me laugh!
It has been a slower week around here, which has been nice and allowed for more play and at-home peace.  The kids and I had a fun hodge podge outing on Wednesday to the gym/childcare, to get coffee and donuts, to the paint store to buy paint for our mailbox and the boys' new room colors (cool to see them get so excited about what their room will look like!  The color choices?  We'll see.  Thankfully they are just paint swatches on the wall right now...), and then a trip to the library. The big boys are getting serious about their summer reading and I got a book that I've already consumed in a sitting.  I'm horrible like that and get completely involved in books I read!  Doesn't do well for my sleep or GG communication.  Sorry hon!  It is now done and I can move on... :)   Later that day, the four oldest helped me paint the mailbox post and spruce up our house numbers with spray paint.  We also replaced the rusty box.  The finished product is something we can all be proud of--I wish I had before/after photos for you.  It looks 100% better!

Other than that, we found out later that night that M made champs in the 25 free.  He had the time cut, but we didn't know if he would make "the team" or not--they only take 2 kids per event.  The good news is he made it and can now redeem himself from our last-meet-lose-your-goggles-on-every-event catastrophe, poor guy.  New goggles and a new dive are in place and working!  The bad news is that the younger four and I have to endure another week of practices in the awful heat.  They do so well and really make the best of it, but it's safe to say we're all about ready to be done!

Tomorrow offers a morning to mid-day excursion to Busch Gardens and later M's swim banquet.  The parents v. coaches relay I talked about earlier is actually happening then. We will all get to eat together and M will feel special.  The night ends with the kids getting to swim from 8-10pm!  GG will take the littles home and I will stay with our big boy. Should be fun and we'll get some pics to share...

God bless on a Friday,

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers