Tuesday, September 20, 2011

School Days and Soccer Plays

Friends, friends, friends...
Here I am, back at it after a far-too-long hiatus! We are here, growing, thriving. The middle boys started school last Monday (T) and Tuesday (J) and our crew has been off and running since.


Both seem to be doing great. T's teacher already wants to take him home with her (this is usual for him, my sweet boy). She said he's a kind friend and a leader in the class. Go T! We should mention that this teacher happens to be *awesome* with an amazing reputation. We are thrilled to have T with such a great teacher and a nice group of friends this year!!

J has also started school with a bang--he was 2 for 2 until Friday when Papa dropped him off and he balled for the first 10 minutes. He pulled it together for a great day, while I think Papa was rather scarred from the experience. Poor Papa!! Thankfully, by the time I picked J up at lunchtime, he was raring to go and talked about his great day. That's my good boy! We are definitely butting up against the wonderful (heavy sarcasm) 3's with J. He has been an *absolute joy* for the first three years, so I guess I can give him a month or two of extreme will and showing his stripes. According to Mimi we should break out the champagne to celebrate his growing independence. Don't you love the power of positive thinking? :)

M is cruising into first grade. He has homework 4 nights/week, which is more than I gave my high-schoolers back when I taught! All in all, his reading is really becoming more independent and his writing skills have improved tremendously. Both of these improvements seem to be helping him have an easier time on the work they're doing in and out of class. We have his parent night on Thursday and I look forward to peering inside his daily life and seeing all that he's learning and accomplishing. So far, so wonderful!!

MG and I are also plugging through our mornings, not always as productive as possible, but still getting things done. I miss my boys, but appreciate the joy we have being back together at lunch time and beyond. I think they miss each other too, which is why it's so great they can come back home to their brothers and sister, best buddies for life. What a blessing.

Aside from the start of school, the older boys kicked off their fall soccer season Saturday. T had 6 goals and M had 5, so you could say it was a successful beginning! They're still playing for the Y and enjoying it immensely, so for now we will stay put. If they continue to love it, we'll def. be tempted to look into the more competitive leagues in the area. Oh boy! Not sure I'm ready to bite off that commitment as of yet! We'll see...

Signing off from G-Ville! Sending blessings,

2 comments:

FL G and P said...

So fun to peek into the world of the G-ville clan!! Can't wait to hug you in person reaaal soon and to see the little scoring machines to boot!!

Carolina Girl said...

Wow, all the boys are off to school! Although you miss them, it must be nice to have some one on one time with MG! I love the thought of you all coming back together in the afternoons...a house of brotherly and sisterly love. It must truly warm your heart, B-mama!
And way to go M and T on your soccer skills!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers