Friday, January 21, 2011

Sweet Pea

Are we really here already?
Are we really gnawing on the fruit feeder? And enjoying our new found freedom?
Yes, we are. Indeed we are.
Yesterday was our first try with the infamous mesh feeder and MG seemed to enjoy the pear mush immensely. She's also been using a sippy of water during lunch and is doing great with it! Amazing how fast these stages are going. I really feel like they're flying!

We are also enjoying a more predictable 2-nap schedule lately and *boy* has this change been welcomed. MG naps from 8:30-10am and then from 1:30-4pm. Fantastic. In between she's been eating fruit and cereal for lunch and at night, veggies and cereal. So far we're through peas, beans, butternut squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. We've just ventured into the fruit territory, conquering apples and pears so far. She seems to like most of it, aside from peas. A chip of her mama's block. I cannot think of a food I dislike more than peas. Yuck! That's my girl! ;)

We do think MG might have a slight rice allergy. So unusual! Especially seeing as rice is so mild on the digestive system. After two weeks of rice cereal, though, she was developing a red bumpy rash under her eyes. We switched to a whole grain cereal and after a few days, the rash was much better. Two weeks later I ran out of the whole grain and decided to try rice again and MG woke up with the rash again the next morning. Poor thing. No Chinese food in your immediate future, sweet thing! :)

She is also talking, cooing, and beginning to babble a bit. She's still sitting-challenged, but is working on it and can now sit for a few minutes before falling over. I need to break out the Boppy again--I forgot what an ongoing, useful tool that is!!

Happy 7 months (on Monday) to our little lady!
Happy TGIF to you,

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

She does seem to be one happy gal! Love the schedule and hope to be there one day! :)
Laughing about the peas! I remember you always saying how much you despise them. Too funny.

It does fly, doesn't it? I already feel myself clinging to my baby girl before she grows up!

FL Gramz said...

How we miss that little QT! What a doll eating those big girl foods. Can't believe it, either, that time is flying so fast. So sorry that the 2 of you hate my favorite vegetable! Kinda disproves that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"!

Morrisons said...

She's so precious, and getting so big!

Anna said...

B-Mama, I was at NDLS with you guys for about a year (I graduated with Cason) and found your blog through Building Cathedrals or Moss Eclectic. Our little guy is the same age as MG (same birthday, as a matter of fact!) and loves those mesh feeders as well. Do you have any tips for cleaning them? I can never seem to get the banana out!

Precious kiddos!

Anna

Lilypie First Birthday tickers