Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey-ville

Here are a few more shots from my camera...
My handsome man, assuming his father's role of turkey carver.

He did a fine job!

Look at that pretty bird! Disregarding the fact that I did not remove the giblet packet (I swear, I couldn't find it! GG found it while cutting--lol!) and did not know I was supposed to cook it on a rack in the pan (oops!), I thought everything turned out well... which is awesome because I had images of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation while getting the turkey ready. Thankfully no one had to gnaw on their meat to get it down! lol

MG's baby whisperers, Alison and Claren

My sweet pilgrim and indian, all smiles... for now! :)


As you can see above and below, we had a wonderful holiday and reveled in our time together as a family. Turkey day went off without a hitch and we had a great time seeing family from the north and west! They were awesome to drive in, cars full of people and food, and celebrate the day with us. Our feast was delicious and my potato filling turned out better than it ever has before. Thank you to my GG, who encouraged me with all of his wonderful, positive feedback!

The only thing missing was our beloved Mimi and Papa (and of course ALL the family we were not able to be with!) We missed them so much, we celebrated the event at their house! lol. Aren't they a gracious bunch, hosting us while away?! Mimi had even set the tables and created a beautiful ambiance ahead of time for our enjoyment. It was awesome. Thank you, Mim/Pop! We did get to talk to them on turkey day--they were in Italy visiting CG, GG's bro, who has just returned from Afghanistan! Yahoo!! Congratulations CG and we're so thankful to have you home safely!!!! Now, if only we could find Papa's money clip that fell out while they were in Rome, all of us will be truly thankful!

Add onto the fun weekend a visit with a girlfriend of mine from high school who was in town visiting family. We so enjoyed watching the kids play and getting to hang out with her and her wonderful hub for a bit. I had never met her girls before --they are adorable and so sweet. Good times... :)
The crew minus T. Can you guess who had the stinkiest dipe while this photo was taken? Think stripes. Gold ones. :)

A blessed Advent to you!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Not sure how you managed to cook a big feast with four little ones underfoot, but the turkey looked beautiful. Loved the Pilgrim and Indian costumes :)

We are excited about Patrick having a brother-plus it gives Tom no choice but to continue trying until I eventually get my girl...Enjoy some R&R now before the next round of festivities.

OH M and D said...

What a great gathering of family...even the Pilgrim and Indian showed up! Glad all turned out well, though we missed being with you!

Shannon said...

sounds WONDERFUL!
and yay for your bro-in-law being back safely...

also, MG with the jeans on! TOO CUTE!

orahoods said...

What a great time! And how fun that you got to see Kim! I love seeing friends' kids together!! I'm hoping to see her and hopefully Lib when we're in town around Christmas!

Right Said Red said...

I love all the pictures, especially of GG with the turkey. Awesome.

The boys look so cute, and it T getting really tall or is M short? They look like they are the same height!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers