Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Brown Bear's Wonderful Secret

One wintry evening Brown Bear
came rushing out of the woods.
The big brown bear smiled. "I have a secret!"
"It's wonderful! It's fantastic! It's shout-out-loud
and jump-for-joy great!"

"What is it?" asked Fox.
"What is this secret that's so great?
Can you eat it?"

"No! No!" said Brown Bear impatiently.
"You wouldn't want to eat it! You'd want to snuffle
and nuzzle it. You'd want to lick it all over from
the top to the bottom and then some more!"

..."My secret isn't cold. Although you might want to wrap
it up warm and hold onto it forever."

..."My secret cannot fly. But I will
throw it up in the air, and when it sails down I'll catch it
in my big strong arms and never let it go."

..."Oh, I'll tuck it under my fur all right." said Brown Bear.
"Don't you worry about that. I'll tuck it, but I'll take it out every
day and just look and look at it because
I won't be able to believe my luck!"

..."It's not just wonderful," said Brown Bear.
"It's FABULOUS. It's so marvelous and magical...
it's miraculous, even..."


The Gasperini-Ville Census came and went the other day and found a little something.

A quite wonderful little something. A 13-week-old little secret something.
And guess who can't wait to hold it in her arms come June? (~June 23rd to be exact!)
B-mama Bear!!!

I've been holding out on you all a little while and it feels good to finally come clean!! :)
Thanks for rejoicing with us!

22 comments:

Jess said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting. Prayers for a calm and easy next 6 months!

Jaime said...

He he he! :) I was wondering when this was going to go out.;) love you!

T. Armstrong said...

:) Wonderful news!!! You and Lib have got to be close in due dates!!!! So happy for you guys!

The Hamiltons said...

Congrats!!!! I actually wondered if there might be news as all the recent pictures with you in them have your belly covered. Best wishes to your growing family!!! Any guesses as to whether the boys are getting a brother or sister?

XOXO

B-Mama said...

Thanks for all the well wishes!
Erin, I hadn't even noticed the covering of my tummy in recent pics--probably a bit on accident and a bit bc I'm feeling poochy! :) As for a boy or girl, well, I'm sicker this time around and while I thought the nausea was abating, it seems to be sticking around longer than ever. Ugh! Pink thoughts, for sure!

Jenica Cory said...

Congratulations! I was just thinking it was about that time in Gasperiniville! :)

Molly said...

How wonderful! Prayers for a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Right Said Red said...

Yeah! Can you share this on BC? Please. Just like this. Love it!

Lillian said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!

Elso said...

Congratulations! God bless your growing family! June 23rd is our anniversary, so a wonderful day!

Candi said...

Congratulations! You are sneaky! When I saw you last week at the mall, I didn't notice the baby bump!:)Thinking "pink" for you!

Shannon said...

yay!! Congrats!!! I absolutely love the way you announced it!
You're very clever... !!

Kerry said...

yay!!!!!! so wonderful! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

Teacher-Mom said...

Oh...my...gosh! B, I can't believe it, and yet I can! I can't believe you were able to keep it in that long. Congrats, congrats! Are we thinking possible girl this time? If not and you continue to have boys, you will have a whole team soon. A team of what I don't know, but a whole team nonetheless. Hugs and Happy Holidays to the whole Gasperini clan- here and on the way!

orahoods said...

Yay! Congrats B-mama! I'll be sending some warm, fuzzy, PINK thoughts your way! Boy or girl, your sweet little family IS going to get even sweeter:) Hope the nausea subsides soon!

Ryan and Amy said...

Congrats B-Mama!!! So happy for ya'll!!!. (Does this mean round 4 is starting for all the Notre Dame gals???) :)

Donna said...

Praise the Lord! Great things he hath done! This reminds me of a poem that ends, "I'm drinking from my saucer, for my cup has overflowed." Congrats and hope you are feeling well and get your second trimester burst of energy to get through Christmas!

Carolina Girl said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!
I think this lil bear is a GIRL!!
You continue to amaze me B-mama!

CSR said...

Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, B-Mama. You and baby are in our prayers.

Julie said...

Congratulations!!! My hopes and prayers are with you for a great pregnancy. I'm going to "think pink", so that someday you will have a shoe-shopping partner :-)

Rachel said...

Oh!!! I'm so very very excited for you! Congratulations, B-Mama!

Katie said...

Congratulations!!! I am catching up on blog reading, and just saw the news! I am thinking pink all the way :) Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Year!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers