Friday, July 11, 2008

Clinging to what is good

"But we beseech you, brethren, to respect those who labor among you... and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we exhort you, brethren, admonish the idlers, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all. Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
-1 Thess. 5:12-18

I can't help but emit tears while reading this passage today. It offers a beautiful message--in sharp contrast to the ugliness that has been our morning. It is definitely what I need to read and hear. It is definitely God's call for me as we've been anything but joyful and prayer-filled and full of thanksgiving at the start of today. Lord, have mercy. :)

The boys have been anything but well-behaved. Their mama has been anything but patient.
Enough said. The day can only go up from here... Yet isn't this how some days seem to go?
From the moment I rolled out of bed, things just felt "off". And not to mention my body is failing me as I attempt to accomplish and discipline and gain some sort of control.

Yesterday's adventures were a mirror image of what we're seeing today. Antsy boys, impatience, poor behavior...

Though in the midst of it, a small precious jewel emerged from the van's back seat:
"I love you, Mommy."
Really?
"I love you, M. That makes Mommy so happy to hear. Thank you."
Thank God for you.

I am desperately attempting to focus on these little things; these tiny, precious tidbits that are the small miracles of every day. And thank goodness its Friday and praise God for a date night tonight for GG and me! Mimi and Papa to the rescue... :) This will be our last "together time" before GG is off and away to study for the Bar 24/7. The final push.

Thanks for listening today. Just had to share the highs and the lows too!
God bless you on this Friday!

5 comments:

T. Armstrong said...

You are not alone...there are just days that go that way! Best thing that gets me through is remembering the days that are more glorious than I would ever expect. And, the little I love you's out of no where are the best, and are reassuring little gifts from God that as a Mom I am not completely failing my kiddos!

Side Note...saw your Mom last night at Bible Study...she is so sweet! :)

The Altmans said...

We'll be praying for a successful delivery and completion of the bar. Good luck to both of you!
-The Altmans

Carolina Girl said...

I think it is important to share the lows along with the highs. Otherwise, you think you end up feeling like the only one who has trouble. So, thank you for sharing!

You and GG have a great night tonight!!!

katy said...

what a comforting and wonderful verse! You and your family are in my prayers. :)

B-Mama said...

Thanks for the prayers everyone! It was just one of those days!! I'm happy to report an excellent time out tonight with GG--what a blessing! We laughed, chatted, ate great food, and caught a movie too. It was such a blessed way to end the day... And can I say that I CAN'T WAIT to see my little naughty munchkins in the morning? They are my world.

You all are the best. Thanks for reaching out...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers