Thursday, May 1, 2008

Prayer Changes Things

1) My grandfather, Mickey, received the news today of lymphoma. We are singing praises, though, in discovering it is one of the most treatable and curable kinds.

2) On Monday, I will be having an ultrasound to examine a breast lump. It is very similar to one I had before in my last pregnancy, but worrisome nonetheless.

There you have it--Gasperini-Ville vulnerability at its best;
vulnerability for which we would LOVE your prayers.

You have been prayer warriors for us on many fronts over the past year and we so appreciate it! Thank you!!

As of my last Sitemeter check, Gasperini-Ville fields 150+ readers-a-day (I know some of you are repeat viewers--thank you! :) So many of you I know so little about, yet I feel a strong need to pray for YOU. How can our family be lifting up your needs?

I know this may be asking a lot, but would you consider posting a comment with a prayer request? It can be something as simple as, "Please pray for John." How blessed we would be to commune with all of you in prayer... Thanks for your readership and thanks for your vulnerability. Let's encourage one another!

God bless!

10 comments:

Erin said...

Please pray for my sister Meghan and her new pregnancy...and my grandfather and his surgery recovery.

va mama said...

We lift you up in prayer, B, that this "lump" is as benign as before. We rejoice that Mickey's lymphoma is of the curable type. Requesting prayers for the family of Suzanne Redman who died far too early of ovarian cancer.

Shannon said...

prayers!!! so you can tell that I'm checking blogs all the time...and when I check your blog a few times a day (when I should be studying!!!)
for my sister Kerri to find her way...and my same usual intention for myself! I thank you abundantly!

Kat said...

So many things to pray for, we'll keep you and your family in our prayers!
On our end, we'd love prayers for patience and a good attitude as we organize and prepare for our move to TX!

KatyB said...

Praise that your grandpa has curable form! I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. Pray for my boyfriend. His cancer is not so curable. He returns for a pet scan next wednesday to see if he is still in remission (it will be 6 months!)

:)

Jessica said...

Please pray for Will as he gears up for exams next week and graduation the week after. Today was his last day of classes!

Carolina Girl said...

Prayers for Brian's brother Alan while deployed to Iraq. Prayers for safe travel for Brian's parents on their way to see their newest grandchild!!

The Ballee Girls said...

Aren't boobs just irritating sometimes! I'm just out of a really painful foray with mine as well. I'm sure you will discover this is nothing to worry about and will pray for you, and Grandad. Pls pray in thanksgiving for recouperation of Eric's grandma after stomach surgery.

B-Mama said...

Z--your above comment is too funny!!

Prayers for all of you, dear friends! You have been helping to fill my past few days with oodles of prayer. Thank you so much. God bless each of you...

Heather said...

Hi there! I have been reading your blog for a few months, b/c my cousin's wife Rachel has a blog I read and she has a link to yours from her page. I really want to thank you for praying for all of your readers, b/c I was just going through a tough time with my back and it seems to be getting better! I really appreciate your dedication as a mother and wife, and really enjoy reading your blog -- you are too sweet!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers