Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sweet Siblings

Our law community welcomed (by proxy) its newest member, baby Sean, on Monday! We celebrate with Sean's parents, our dear friends, as they now are a family of five. I spoke to Julie yesterday and heard the glowing report of their newest blessing. I especially loved hearing of how adoring Sean's two sisters were upon seeing him... The oldest showered the baby with kisses, inspecting his fingers and toes and all of his sweet baby parts. She even stopped at one point saying, "He's cute." Adorable.

I already eat up all of the M and T interactions of late. They are very sweet together. T was crying yesterday and we asked M to give him a hug to make him feel better. No sooner had M bowed his head (his version of a hug) and brought it toward the baby, but T stopped crying. "Look, you made him feel better, " I said. M was such a proud big brother in response.

Yes, they are very sweet together... most of the time.

T-baby was later lying on the floor near where M was playing, kicking his feet to interact with M's legs. M was not too pleased about this arrangement, but was unwilling to move his play spot. I found myself faced for the first time with "disciplining" the baby. "No, T, we mustn't kick," I chortled, feeling slightly ridiculous. I did it more for M, so that he could see that rules are universal. I'm already trying to play fair in the world of my children.

All in all, though, they are very sweet together.

Must run... M just pushed over a sweetly sitting T-man. Ha ha! Lord help me! :)

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers